St. John’s Classical Lutheran School
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ, this is an update on the current status of St. John’s Classical Lutheran School. The following is a one sentence definition of classical education: A classical school might better be called “traditional education” because it is the type of education that predominated in the Western world for centuries prior to the mid-1900s. Pending the approval of the Elders the following will be the staff of St. John’s Classical Lutheran School. Andrea Kosmicki will be the primary full time teacher, Erin Grass will be part time in music, P.E. and other instruction. Bethany Johnson in addition to her current duties will be a part time teacher for latin and choral music. The plan for the location of the school is to have pick up and drop off at St. John’s Lutheran church. Drop off and pick up will be at the south doors next to Luther Hall. Primary instruction will take place at the District Office.
Start and End Date
- The first day of school is Wednesday, September 6 and the last day of school will be Friday, May 24.
- The school will use the classical curriculum from Memoria Press along with Saxon Math, Shurley English, among others.
Class Schedule (Start and end) (Chapel) Closing Chapel Buddies
- The school day will begin with daily chapel at 8:30. The congregation is encouraged and invited to attend.
- Dismissal will be at 3:30.
- A formal school uniform style will be utilized and enforced.
Morning and after school care
- Students can be dropped off at 7:30am at Luther Hall and picked up by 4:30 at Luther Hall
We also have opportunities for volunteers at the school to do the following:
- Instructional aides in the classroom
- Initial classroom setup
- Monitor the south doors of the church from 7:30-8:10 and 3:40-4:30
- Office aide (Weekly copies of materials, answering phones, etc.)
School Office Phone: 785-224-7883
Please contact Robyn Smith at email@example.com if you are interested in signing up for any of these opportunities.